Red roses symbolise passion. Yellow daffodils mean friendship. But what about when you want to decorate your corporate event with beautiful and fresh blooms? Believe it or not, the flowers you pick for your event is an important decision that can make or break your space. You’ll need to consider the type of event you’re hosting, your audience, and even your venue’s décor. Then, you’ll also need to think about which flowers are in season (of course, you could always get them imported, but then even that can get pretty expensive.)
If you’re hosting a corporate function inside a venue, you probably don’t think you need to do much with the décor. However, flowers have a way of opening up a space and adding a certain energy to a room. Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself, and watch as your guests gush over the simplicity of nature’s most beautiful gift to us.
Confused? Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t be. We’re here to help make it easy for you by presenting a list of the many ways that you can incorporate flowers – real or artificial – into your event space.
- Flower wall: This one needs no introduction. It’s one of the most popular and easiest ways to include flowers into your decorations. Whether you opt for beautiful faux silk in your company’s colours or dare to go all out with a fresh floral wall, it’s the perfect backdrop to accompany your guests’ photos.
- Floral centrepieces: Whether your venue has bar tables or booths, impress your guests with some stunning floral centrepieces. Either place in vases or atop acrylic plinths, ensure they’re standing tall so they don’t obstruct anyone’s views as they’re talking across the table to one another.
- Floral arches: Imagine entering a venue and the first thing you see is a stunning floral arbour, with cascading flowers from top to bottom. You can complement your space with a wooden arbour or go industrial with a steel piece. Add chiffon drapes for a super romantic effect (just ensure it matches your theme.)
- Floral plinths: A classic decoration, choose different height pillars to add interest to an otherwise empty space. We love the look of ghost pillar clear stands, which won’t detract from the already existing décor. Add some pretty blooms in an urn or cube frame, and you’ve got an effortlessly stylish decoration.
- Floral installations: You’ll have to get permission from your venue but suspended floral installations hung high and overhead will add dimension to your space. They’re also an amazing focal point when set above the dance floor or bar. Your guests will be tempted to look up and around – not to mention your floral installation will look great in the backdrop of your photos.
The corporate event party experts
Having hosted countless corporate events over the years, we know a thing or two about decorating your venue with the right flowers. Orchids, hydrangeas, Australian natives – we’ve seen them all incorporated into our event space. When you’ve got an upcoming event, speak to the skilled staff at Melbourne’s Best Functions. Our professional planners can put together a function that includes custom cuisine, entertainment, and of course bunches of fresh and beautiful flowers.